Important Safety Information
Vyvanse® has a high risk of abuse or dependence. Keep in a safe place to prevent misuse and abuse. Selling or sharing Vyvanse may harm others and is illegal. Safety information continued below
Vyvanse® is a prescription medicine for the treatment of ADHD in patients 6 years and above.
Vyvanse is a prescription medicine for the treatment of ADHD in patients 6 years and above.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) has a high risk of abuse or dependence. Keep in a safe place to prevent misuse and abuse. Selling or sharing Vyvanse may harm others and is illegal.
Do not take Vyvanse if you or your child:
- is taking or has taken within the past 14 days an anti-depression medicine called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or MAOI
- is sensitive to, allergic to, or had a reaction to other stimulant medicines
Some people have had the following problems when taking stimulant medicines, such as Vyvanse:
Heart-related problems including:
- sudden death in people who have heart problems or heart defects
- sudden death, stroke and heart attack in adults
- increased blood pressure and heart rate
Tell your doctor if you or your child has any heart problems, heart defects, high blood pressure, or a family history of these problems.
Call your doctor right away if you or your child has any signs of heart problems such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or fainting while taking Vyvanse.
Mental (psychiatric) problems including:
- new or worse behavior and thought problems
- new or worse bipolar illness
In Children and Teenagers
- new psychotic symptoms such as:
- seeing things or hearing voices
- believing things that are not true
- being suspicious
- new manic symptoms
Tell your doctor about any drug abuse, alcohol abuse or mental problems that you or your child has had, or about a family history of suicide, bipolar illness, or depression.
Call your doctor right away if you or your child has any new or worsening mental symptoms or problems while taking Vyvanse.
- Heart-related problems including:
Vyvanse may cause serious side effects, including:
- slowing of growth (height and weight) in children. Your child should have his or her height and weight checked often while taking Vyvanse. The doctor may stop treatment if a problem is found during these check-ups.
The most common side effects reported in studies of Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) were:
- decreased appetite
- dry mouth
- loss of appetite
- trouble sleeping
- upper stomach pain
- weight loss
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch,
©2013 Shire US Inc., Wayne, PA 19087. 1-800-828-2088. All rights reserved. Vyvanse® is a registered trademark of Shire LLC.
All content of this website including text, images, graphics, sound files, and their arrangement, belongs to Shire and is protected by international copyright laws. All other intellectual property rights are reserved. The content may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be downloaded, modified, or posted to other sites.